Designed by edged-weapons expert Michael Janich, the Tatang employs the savage cutting power of a traditional Filipino barong in a leaner, more versatile package. When gripped at the rear of the pistol-grip-style handle, the weight-forward blade gives it tremendous reach and chopping power. Choking up on the subhilt shifts the balance back for more controlled cutting, trapping, and backcutting.
- Blade Length: 8.60
- Overall Length: 13.50
- Blade Material: 1085C high-carbon tool steel
- Blade Finish: Black epoxy finish
- Edge Type: Plain or partially serrated
- Handle Material: Thermoplastic rubber with textured panels
- Sheath: Reinforced ballistic nylon