The Cold Hammer Forging of barrels is accomplished through intense hydraulic pressure applied at opposing angles by carbide steel hammers. During the hammering process, a mandrel is inserted into the bore while the carbide steel hammers shape the barrel around the mandrel creating the chamber, the lands, and the grooves. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, the Cold Hammer Forging process creates a defect free bore and the most consistent chamber possible.
All cold hammer forged barrels feature a forged chamber and heavy phosphate exterior coating. They are all MP tested on-site and are available in multiple configurations which includes barrel only (stripped); barrel with Front Sight Base; and barrel with Low Profile Gas Block. These barrels will prove themselves to be more accurate and last longer than a barrel that has cut or button rifling.
- Once this part is assembled into a complete firearm, it becomes a regulated item by the National Firearms Act (NFA). Please check with your local and state municipalities for any further regulatory requirements. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure they comply with all NFA rules and applicable laws.
- Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
- Barrel Length: 14.5"
- Manufacture Process: Cold Hammer Forged
- Twist Rate: 1:7
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2x28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Material: Chrome Moly Vanadium
- Outside Finish: Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
- Inside Finish: Chrome
- Gas System: Carbine Length
- Diameter At Gas Port: .750"
- Barrel Extension: A4
- Profile: Lightweight
- Weight: 1.25 lb.