Diamondhead’s innovative VRS X-556 8.5" Free Floating Handguards offer an uninterrupted rail extension and handguard in perfect alignment with the host weapon’s flat top receiver. The VRS X rail replaces the factory delta ring and barrel nut. The VRS Free Floating Handguard System provides excellent flexibility of use by adding accessory rails and bumpers to the VRS for the required rail-mounted accessories.
Requires removal of both delta ring and factory barrel nut and replacement of front sight with low profile gas block.
- Designed to give a factory installed appearance to the rifle.
- Proprietary replacement barrel nut included with rail that allows for easy installation and elimination of barrel nut timing issues
- Mounts on barrels with low profile gas block, or can replace fixed front sight (basic punch, hammer) with a low profile gas block (not included)
- Comfortable round shape
- Sturdy, lightweight free float design
- Improves accuracy and provides exceptional airflow to keep barrel cooler
- Flush mounted top rail for a monolithic appearance
- Lightning fast configuration changes
- Uninterrupted mounting surface for optics or other accessories
- Improves comfort and ease of shooting while allowing for personal modification with optional rail accessories (rails & bumpers)
- Customize for specific applications; Add more rails as additional accessories are needed; Mix full length and short rails and bumpers to suit
- Proprietary clamping system for rigid, secure attachment
- Mil. Spec. Type III anodized 6061 aluminum construction
- Mil. Std. 1913 Picatinny rail dimensions
- Combat durable
- Fits all M4/AR15/M16 variants
- Length: 8.5"