The M-990i Gen2 is an improvement on Moultrie’s popular M-990i game camera. This high-performance camera has a 2", color preview screen that allows for easier aiming, programming, and reviewing of your camera images, right in the field. Equipped with Invisible Flash IR LED technology, the M-990i takes excellent night images, while remaining totally undetectable to that trophy buck on your hit list.
The rugged design of the M-990i goes beyond mere cosmetic changes, and most importantly includes improved weather resistance, allowing critical components to remain completely sealed from the elements. In addition, improved production and testing processes have led to better long-term performance and reliability in the field as well as improved battery life of 17,000 images.
The M-990i, features improved image quality with substantially clearer and sharper daytime images and noticeably enhanced coloration. Nighttime images will retain the high quality contrast that is critical when distinguishing that big shooter buck at night. The design, which incorporates a “grid” pattern over all LED lenses, allows for the breakup of the LED arrays, providing better-than-ever concealment in the woods.
Built to withstand the harshest outdoor conditions, and designed to escape the attention of even the sharpest bucks, the M-990i is your silent sentry, capturing all the sights and sounds of your next big trophy. For a clearer, more comprehensive picture of what’s waiting for you out there, trust the M-990i to deliver the invaluable field intelligence you need to stay ahead of the game.
- Invisibility: Decked out in Mossy Oak Treestand camouflage and powered by Moultrie’s advanced 70' Invisible Flash IR LED technology, the M-990i is invisible to game. Day or night, the motion sensors detect any prey within 50' – all without alerting your subjects to the camera’s presence.
- Advanced Camera Line: Even though it’s completely silent, the M-990i has all the bells and whistles. Capture some of the highest quality photos available, then preview your photos and HD videos right there in the field on the 2" full-color LCD screen. Ample photo, video and timelapse settings let you customize your surveillance, while a detailed Information Strip relays to you all the ideal conditions for encountering the biggest game again.
- Operational Modes:
- Motion Detect Mode: The M-990i employs a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor that’s triggered by heat and movement within 50'. A PIR sensitivity setting allows for a high or low setting, depending on your camera location (for example, set PIR on “high” for longer-range, open areas or “low” for shorter-range image capture in deeper woods settings).
- Motion Detect Delay: Delay is a low-power "sleep" state entered after image capture. Longer delays extend battery life and limit the images recorded in high-traffic situations (e.g. – on a very busy game feeder). The camera can be set for 5, 10, or 30 second delays as well as 1, 5, 10, or 30 minute delays.
- Multi-Shot Mode: When using the Delay function, multi-shot mode allows the camera to record multiple photos between set delay increments. “Triggered" multi-shot (3 photos) requires a motion trigger for each photo. "Burst" multi-shot takes 3 photos quickly after a single motion trigger.
- Timelapse Mode: Timelapse mode disables the PIR sensor and instead triggers the camera through a countdown timer that can be set for up to 2 different time lapse captures per day.
- Timelapse Interval: In this setting, you can set an adjustable interval between each image capture. Use longer intervals for slower changing subjects and shorter intervals for faster changing subjects. The M-990i allows for 13 different interval settings, lasting from as little as 10 seconds to as long as 24 hours.
- Hybrid Mode: The camera can be triggered by both its passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor and a time-lapse program.
- Trigger Speed: The M-990i resets rapidly after image capture, taking less than 1 second after a motion trigger until the camera is fully ready to detect motion and capture more.
- Interface: The camera display is a full-color 2-inch LCD screen that lets you navigate menus, aim your camera with a live preview, and review your captured images. The other buttons on the front of the display panel are backlit for ease of viewing during low-light conditions.
- Night Illumination: The flash is equipped with 36 Light Emitting Diode (LED) lights. This 940nm iNVISIBLE Flash IR LED technology is essentially invisible and can illuminate game up to 70 feet away in total darkness.
- Motion Freeze / Extended Flash: For night-time operation of the camera, you can select between reduced motion blur or extended flash range to maximize image clarity and visibility.
- Photo Resolution: Allows for multiple settings of photo resolution, to better help you manage storage and image quality. All photos are captured in 16:9 aspect ratio (the same as modern high-def televisions) and optional resolutions include:
Low 0.9 MP (1280 x 720)
Medium 2.0 MP (1920 x 1080)
High 4.0 MP (2688 x 1512)
Enhanced 10.0 MP (4224 x 2376)
- Video Resolution: Captures video in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio and offers two Video Resolutions:
Low VGA VGA (640 x 480)
High (1280 x 720)
- Video Sound: The M-990i records sound with a built-in microphone when capturing video.
- Optical Field of View (FOV): Features a 42-degree horizontal viewing area recorded by the camera.
- Infostrip Imprint: Every image captured can be imprinted with an optional Infostrip along the bottom that includes date, time, temperature (in F or C), moon phase, and an 11-character name of the camera/location.
- Case Features: The case features an olive drab interior with a solid weatherproof plastic exterior. Comes with standard 1/4”-20 tripod mount on the bottom, plus strap slots for use with included nylon mounting strap. Side of case also features a python lock compatible hasp for additional security.
- Included in the box:
M-990i Game Camera
1" x 6’ olive drab mounting strap
User Guide in English, French and German
Moultrie brand window decal
- Batteries and Battery Life: Camera requires 8 AA Alkaline or Lithium batteries, which will power the camera for 17,000 images. This is a conservative estimate of photos that can be taken before the camera’s batteries are depleted. Actual results vary based on user settings and environmental factors.
- Additional Power Sources: The M-990i is also compatible with a 12V DC external power source that can be used to extend field life. Camera also has a AC Power Mode that allows for high-performance and perpetual use of the device.
- Memory Image and Storage: The M-990i is compatible with SD/SDHC Class 4 cards or higher, up to 32 GB size. (Memory cards are sold separately.) The M-990i includes the "Managed Memory" feature which prevents the camera from running out of memory. When set to "Overwrite Oldest," the M-990i will erase the oldest photos and videos to create free space for new photos and videos when the memory card is at full capacity. Or if you want to keep all of your old images, you can also set the camera "Normal" and it will stop recording new images when the SD card memory is full.