ACOG 4x32 Scope with Red Chevron BAC Flattop Reticle - includes Flat Top Adapter.
Features Dual Illumination (Fiber Optic provides daylight illumination and tritium illuminates reticle at night). The ranging reticle is calibrated for 5.56mm (.223 cal.) flat-top rifles out to 800 meters. Includes Flat Top Adapter (TA51).
- Magnification: 4X
- Eye Relief: 1.5"
- Exit Pupil: 8mm
- Field of View: 7.0 degrees
- Length: 5.8"
- Weight: 9.9 oz.
- Field of View: 36.8' at 100 yards
- Adjustment: 3 clicks per inch at 100 yards
Chevron is designed to be zeroed using the tip at 100 meters. The width of the chevron at the base is 5.53 MOA which is 19" at 300 meters. This allows range estimation for silhouette targets.
Tritium Activity: 100 milliCuries in one source
ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsights) - Hit fast in any light
The ACOGs are internally adjustable, compact telescopic sights with tritium illuminated reticle patterns for use in low light or at night. Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC)* models feature bright daytime reticles using fiber optics which collect ambient light. The ACOGs combine traditional, precise distance marksmanship with close-in aiming speed. Although the ACOGs have many features which are very advantageous for military use, they were developed by Trijicon without government funding.
Designed for use with the M16 family, every feature of its mechanical and optical design was chosen for a single purpose: to provide increased hit potential in all lighting conditions -- without failure-prone batteries.
- Eye-friendly advantage. Conventional riflescopes offer only a tiny exit pupil, requiring careful eye positioning directly behind the eyepiece. ACOG provides maximum eye latitude behind the scope, for easier target acquisition. This greater aiming freedom is especially important in stressful field situations requiring quick aiming.
- Multi-coated lenses provide maximum optical performance
- Forged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy housing, precision machined to exacting tolerances, and hard-anodized to match the upper and lower receiver of the M16 rifle.
- Internally adjustable because only the prism housing moves, the ACOG is much more rugged than conventional designs.
- Aerospace seals make the ACOG waterproof to Navy Seal depths.
Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC):
The highly advanced Bindon Aiming Concept is an optical breakthrough that combines traditional long-stand-off marksmanship capability with the ultimate in close-combat transitional aiming. Using the two-eye aiming method, when the weapon is being moved, the perceived image is unmagnified, permitting extremely rapid target acquisition. As soon as the weapon movement is stopped and the shooter is close to the proper aim on target, the targeted image "zooms" into magnification, permitting greater shooting accuracy with higher hit ratios. This is especially useful for moving targets or for targets in dense cover.