Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, the legendary Swedish FireSteel is the original fire starter. Being the best, however, means always having to push the envelope. The result is a new generation with an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather, at any altitude. The second generation Swedish FireSteel 2.0 also features a new design, a color matched lanyard, and a built-in emergency whistle. The Swedish FireSteels dependability and intense, close to 3,000C (5400F) sparks, have long made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen, and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and gas barbecues.
- Durablelasts approximately 3,000 strikes.
- Improved stainless steel striker and ergonomic handles.
- Built-in emergency whistle.
- Produces a 3,000C (5,400F) spark and works when wet.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Bright spark can be used as emergency signal.
- Compatible with Leave No Trace ethics.
- Weight: 0.95 oz. (27 g).