The M-880i Gen2 game camera, with enhanced image quality, improved battery life, and easy-to-use features, including a “Quick Start” setting. Is an 8.0 megapixel Invisible Flash IR LED mini game camera. The Illumi-Night sensor provides bright, clear nighttime images and Motion Freeze feature reduces nighttime blur.
Designed to capture digital video and images of deer and other wildlife while you're away from the land you manage. Whether discreetly strapped to a tree, mounted atop a Moultrie Feeder or positioned on a split rail fence post, the M-880i is a smart and versatile camera that has just the right amount of features that a seasoned game manager needs, with the addition of completely invisible LED flash at night. Wisely camouflaged, durably designed, and with incredible battery life of 17,000 images, the M-880i gives you the invaluable field intelligence you need to confidently manage your game and then take it to the next level.
- Powerfully Small: The M-880i packs incredible size, scale, and scope on capturing images of wild game while in the wild. Includes improved weather resistance, allowing critical components to remain completely sealed from the elements. In addition, improved production and testing processes have led to better long-term performance and reliability in the field.
- Made to Do More: With Invisible Flash IR LED technology, the M-880i can capture crisp video and photos of game up to 70' away even during the darkest hours of the night. With “Quick-Start” setting, you can simply set the date and time and the M-880i is ready to go, but if you want to customize your settings, that’s just a few clicks away with simple menu settings.
- Operational Modes: With a natural language programming menu and easy-to-ready LCD screen, the M-880i is very simple to program and operate. The buttons on the camera are backlit for ease of viewing during low-light conditions. The camera can operate in any of three Operational Modes:
- Motion Detect Mode: Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor that's triggered by heat and movement within 50'. Fast Trigger Speed, so images are captured under 1 second after the camera senses motion. Motion Detect Delay is a low-power "sleep" state entered after image capture. Longer delays extend battery life and limit the images recorded in high-traffic situations (e.g. - on a very busy game feeder). The camera can be set for 5, 10, or 30 second delays as well as 1, 5, 10, or 30 minute delays. Between delays, an optional Multi-shot Mode allows the camera to record multiple photos and comes in two flavors: "Triggered" multi-shot (3 photos) requires a motion trigger for each photo and "Burst" multi-shot takes 3 photos quickly after a single motion trigger.
- Time lapse Mode: Time lapse mode disables the PIR sensor and instead triggers the camera through a countdown timer. The time lapse mode can be set for 1 or 2 different periods per day (e.g. - 4 hours each dawn and 3 hours at dusk). You can set the duration of the time lapse period and also adjust the Time lapse Interval between each image capture. Longer intervals capture fewer images and shorter intervals capture more images. The M-880i allows for 13 different interval settings, lasting from as little as 10 seconds to as long as 24 hours.
- Hybrid Model: The camera follows a Timelapse Program, but will also be triggered by its passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor.
- Night Operation: This 940nm Invisible Flash IR LEDs uses a powerful infrared technology that can illuminate objects at night up to an amazing 70' away. Barely visible to the naked eye, the flash is powered by 36 Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) operating in the 940nm wavelength. The LEDs have two settings: Motion Freeze will reduce motion blur and deliver sharper photos or set to Extended Flash to maximize flash distance.
- Photo Resolution: The M-880i allows for multiple Photo Resolutions settings to help you manage storage and image quality, and now also includes the addition of PIR sensitivity adjustments for a high or low setting, depending on your camera location (for example, set PIR on “high” for longer-range, open areas or “low” for shorter-range image capture in deeper woods settings). All photos are captured in 16:9 aspect ratio (the same as modern high-def televisions). Resolutions include:
Low 0.9 MP (1280 x 720)
Medium 2.0 MP (1920 x 1080)
High 4.0 MP (2688 x 1512)
Enhanced 8.0 MP (3840 x 2160)
- Video Resolution: The M-880i captures video in 16:9 aspect ratio and offers two Video Resolutions:
Low VGA VGA (640 x 480)
Medium (1280 x 720)
- Infostrip Imprint: Every image captured can be imprinted with an optional Infostrip along the bottom that includes date, time, temperature (in F or C), moon phase, and an 11-character name of the camera/location.
- Case Features: The case features an olive drab interior with a solid weatherproof plastic exterior. Comes with standard 1/4”-20 tripod mount on the bottom, plus strap slots for use with included nylon mounting strap. Side of case also features a python lock compatible hasp for additional security.
- Included in the box:
M-880i Game Camera
1" x 6’ olive drab mounting strap
User Guide in English, French and German
Moultrie brand window decal
- Batteries and Battery Life: Camera requires 8 AA Alkaline or Lithium batteries, which will power the camera for 17,000 images. This conservative estimate is based on 10 daytime and 10 nighttime captures per day. Actual results vary based on user settings and environmental factors, but in common game management situations, new set of batteries often last for 1 year.
- Additional Power Sources: The M-880i is also compatible with a 12V DC external power source that can be used to extend field life. Camera also has a AC Power Mode that allows for high-performance and perpetual use of the device.
- Memory Image and Storage: The M-880i is compatible with SD/SDHC Class 4 cards or higher, up to 32 GB size. (Memory cards are sold separately.) The M-880i includes the "Managed Memory" feature which prevents the camera from running out of memory. When set to "Overwrite Oldest," the M-880i will erase the oldest photos and videos to create free space for new photos and videos when the memory card is at full capacity. Or if you want to keep all of your old images, you can also set the camera "Normal" and it will stop recording new images when the SD card memory is full.