For us at Okuma Fishing Tackle, fishing is a life-long adventure. Collectively, none of us fish as often, catch as many, or are as consistently successful as we would like, and thankfully so. Fishing is not a destination; it's an endless pursuit that begins long before we ever get to the water. The anticipation of the next opportunity is as valuable as the time spent on the water.
At Okuma, we craft the tools for the journey. From entry-level through expert, every rod and reel is constructed not only to execute, but also to excite, energize and exhilarate. From feeling the tap, tap, tap of a drift rig searching its way along the bottom of a steelhead stream, to turning a lifeless lead jig into a fleeing bait-fish in the salt, every cast, crank, bobber down and hookup are the rich details of the journey.
Our singular goal is to advance the experience; to extract more from every day on the water. We pursue that goal through the development of forward-thinking materials like C-40X long carbon fiber framing in the all-new Helios and RTX spinning reels.We inspire action with a new line of Cruz popping rods. And we make these experiences accessible to everyone with right and left hand designs like new Cold Water premium line counter reels.
- Technique and species specific rod actions
- Sensitive IM-8 graphite rod blank construction
- E-glass rod blank construction on Halibut rods
- Durable stainless steel guide frames
- Zirconium guide inserts reduce friction from braided lines
- Halibut/Sturgeon rods use heavy duty boat guide frames
- Custom 1-K woven carbon fiber pipe reel seat on Salmon rods
- Custom IM-8 graphite pipe reel seat on UL and most spinning rods
- Premium fore and rear grips on all models
- Halibut rods feature a triangular shaped fore grip with shrink tubing.
- Integrated compressed cork butt cap, non skid surface
- Stainless steel hook keeper
- Rod Power: Medium
- Rod Taper: Medium Fast
- Rod Length: 7'0"
- Line Weight: 8-17 lbs
- Lure Weight: 1/4 - 5/8
- Number of Sections: 4-pcs
- Foregrip Length: 2"
- Reargrip Length: 8-3/4"
- Number Of Guides: 7 + Tip
- Handle Style: A